Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Who Are We?

Well, I'm Victoria. I'm a woman. I'm a mother. I'm a sister. I'm a daughter. I AM Granny's favorite! I'm a niece and a cousin. I'm an aunt. I'm a sister-in-law. I'm a loyal friend. I'm Trudy's best friend. I'm a girlfriend.

I can sing. I love to dance. I tell jokes. I laugh at myself. I like to decorate. I enjoy cooking. I like running, ok, make that walking! I use Bare Minerals Make-up. I like the smell of Johnson's Baby Lotion. I love 70's music. I'm passionate. I'm self-motivated. I'm genuine. I'm real. I travel. I'm flexible. I'm eclectric. I read. I go to movies. I'm a public speaker. I'm dedicated to my work. I drive a Lexus (it's a 1995 model, but hey, it's still a Lexus!). I like wine. I go to concerts. I attend plays. I'm a nurturer. I'm forgiving. I don't hold grudges. I protect those I love. I still believe in romance. And I wholeheartedly, unequivacably, believe in love.....still.

Sure, I could have written about attributes that I'm not proud of or still working on, but for what? Today, I'm focusing on some of the positives about myself, instead of the negatives. I am a work in progress. Each day, life brings with it new challenges, but it also brings new beginnings. Thank God, we get a "clean slate" every morning. Like a blank sheet of paper. We are the authors and we decide what is penned.

I want to do my best to make the most of each day that I'm priviledged to be here. So, today, I've decided to give myself a break. A pat on the back, if you will! I haven't always done things perfectly or even close, but no one can accuse me of not giving it my best shot.

I've learned in life that I have control over one person and that's me. And I'm all this girl can handle! Wow. Much less pressure!

And, I'm all about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing mother, woman, friend, writer, dancer (so you say), singer (so you say), cook [so you claim ;-)], and counselor of God's word!!

I have two questions; 1. Are you ecclectic or 2. Electric?? Or are you some combinatio of the three? (I guess it's technically turned into 3 questions, now!!)

Have to say Vic, in our personal competition to out dual each other on the grammar front, you've reached a new high with "eclectric"!!