Wednesday, April 16, 2008

This Is For You Girls.....I Love you......Forever

Just for today, I am going to step over the laundry and just be with you. I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you show me your new dance. I will unplug the telephone and keep the computer off and we can do whatever you want. I will listen intently to all the drama that happened in your life and keep my opinion to myself.

I will not yell once, not even if you have an attitude with me. I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up. I will not second guess every decision I have made where you are concerned. I will let you cook dinner and I won't stand over you trying to fix it. I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you. I will let you stay up late to watch Top Model and not get angry at you in the morning if you're in a bad mood for lack of sleep. I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss any plans I've made. I won't tell you one of my jokes! I will not embarass you at your games or in front of your friends. I won't make you listen to my 70's music in the car! I will not be busy with something while we're talking on the phone. I will give you my undivided attention.

Just for today when I run my finger through your hair as we pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given. I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside that they can't handle it anymore.

And when I kiss you good night I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will just thank God for all four of you, and ask Him for nothing.

And tomorrow? I will do my best to do a "repeat". I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VK

You can only imagine the emotion I experienced while reading your post. I wish my mom were here to speak with. I miss her and though I know I can talk to her in prayer, it's hard to replace the conversations, nurturing words, and unconditional love that she always offered me. Thank you.