Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Life of Change"

It's time. I'm about to reveal one of "Victoria Secrets"! Actually, it's not really a secret! Ok, here it is. I've met someone. Yes, I said it. And, not just anyone. God literally brought someone into my life when I was least expecting it. That is usually when God shows up, isn't it?!

I've had a relationship with God since I was a young girl. I wish I could say I've always listened to His advice, but that would be a lie. Yes, I've made full blown commitments to Him in the past, but over time, I would allow life and circumstances to slowly move me farther away from where I knew I needed and wanted to be in my relationship with Him. Hear me when I say that my promises to God have always been heartfelt and true, but life has a way of keeping us so occupied with it, that we forget what it's really about. I'm convinced that our relationship with Christ is more important to Him and to our well being than anything the world could ever offer us. So, I did it, once again. I submitted 100% to doing what I knew God was asking me to do regarding some tough decisions I needed to make in my life. It wasn't easy, but I completely surrendered my rights and made the decision to get back where I belonged, to be led by God's voice and His leading, instead of my own, no matter the pain it could cause me or others. I knew I had to choose God and His will and not my own. I can honestly tell you that some of the decisions I've made pertaining to relationships in the past were made on my own and not by God's leading. There's a difference when you let Him dictate what direction your life should take pertaining to all things. Big difference.

The Lord had been dealing with me about making some big changes in not only my life, but myself as well. Honestly, I knew some of what He was asking me to do regarding certain situations, but I chose to ignore it. I finally decided enough is enough. Upon making the mental and spiritual decision to trust Him like I never had before, not only was it a release that I'd needed for so long, but my life changed forever. I made this decision the first week of 2008 and I knew immediately that something in me had changed. I made God a promise that no matter how painful it would be, I would walk away from anything in my life He asked me to or that I knew to be not of Him.

I even asked God, among other things, to be the only man in my life until He decided differently. Don't hear what I'm not saying. Whether someone was in my life or not was OK with me. I was content being single. If I look back over my life, what I'm about to say shouldn't surprise you. Many times in the past when I have completely given over all my cares, burdens, thoughts or feelings to God, it would seem that's when something inevitably would happen! But, even I never expected Him to do what He's done so quickly after making this declaration. But, that's exactly what He did. The recent events in my life have surprised me more than my family or any of my friends!

For some of you, this is not news. You've already figured out that "somebody" has been putting a big smile on my face! You've even started asking me for details! They will come over time. For now, I just want to say that it's all true. Yes, I've met someone. Yes, he's been a pleasant surprise. Yes, he's already become a true friend and confidante. Yes, he's already been tested in supporting and encouraging me. And finally, yes, I believe with everything in me, that God is in this. When we truly are willing to listen, submit to God and be patient in the waiting, He does answer our prayers. More to come later, but for now, I'll just say this.

The sunny days are much brighter and even the cloudy ones are the most beautiful I've ever seen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Vic....you've met someone??! Really?? Don't leave us in suspense...we want to hear all about it!!