Monday, April 7, 2008

God Brings Peace In The Suffering

Is it just me or does it seem like almost each time you turn around, another one of life's challenges presents itself. We can take 10 steps forward, feel good about this accomplishment and then something can happen to make us feel like we've been set back 25 steps.

My family and friends are the most important thing to me. Most of you know this from reading my blogs. Due to a very cruel person, some unfortunate events have taken place that have caused a lot of pain to myself, our family and some friends. I have always been proud of the fact that I'm a very forgiving person, but, this was such an unforgiveable act that I myself am struggling with my own need to forgive. Right now, my heart is filled with anything but God's love and forgiveness towards this situation. I know this is wrong and I am being greatly tested. I'm definitely not there yet, but God is truly helping me reach that goal. I'm counting on it. I refuse to let anything or anyone rob me of the joy that God wants for my life and the life of my family.

We're getting through this, but please pray for us. I know God is glorified in all things. But, in all honesty, at this moment, it's difficult to see that, but I stand by His promise that He will "turn something the enemy meant for evil and turn it into good for those who love Him".

One thing that I know to be true about myself and my family is that we genuinely do love God. I'm sure we've failed Him more than please Him, (I know I have), but I've always believed that God looks at the heart of people and the motivations behind their actions. I know that my family's heart is filled with love. That is just a fact. We've always been a forgiving set of people. This has been a great quality that each of us possess.

For now, I want to say to everyone affected that I love you with all of my heart. I'm so sorry. But, time does heal. Some things may never be the same, this is true. But, with God's help, I'm believing that soon, our relationships will be even better than they've ever been before. We must do our part, God will do His and then all that we've been through will only bond us even closer.

We are a family. And no evil can or will ever change that.

No comments: