Saturday, February 2, 2008

Always a Queen to me!




Each one of my girls is unique. Although some of their characteristics are the same. If I were to compare, I would have to say that Teryn and Kendra are as alike as Tawni and Kolby are.


Kendra is the sophisticated, classy, cheerleader type. She's very involved in her school and liked by most of the student body. I am proud of the fact that she's not "clickish" and doesn't leave other's out that wouldn't necessarily be considered in the "popular" crowd.

That's why it came as no surprise to me when she was voted as Homecoming Attendant for the Sophomore Class. This is an honor because the student's actually do the voting. They choose three young ladies from each class and then vote on who will become the winner of Homecoming.

Kendra chose a beautiful, knee-length, red dress to wear and her hair and make-up were perfect. She didn't seem nervous at all when she was getting ready and had a great attitude whatever the outcome would be.

As I sat in the stands during halftime, awaiting the announcement of the winner, I was so proud of the fact that my daughter was among the finalists. She looked so beautiful and poised as she walked onto the field with her father and grandfather.

Then the announcement came. The winner of the Homecoming Attendant for the Sophomore Class of 2008 is ..........................Kendra K-----! Tawni, Kolby and I screamed out loud. I had my oldest daughter, Teryn, listening in on my cell phone when the announcement came so that we could all share the news together as a family. She screamed through the phone as loud as we did!
Kendra looked a little stunned, but was beaming. I am a blessed woman, to say the least. I am amazed that I get to be mommy to this beautiful, special young lady.

Yes, Kendra is special to her friends at school. They recognize the beauty she holds inside and out. She's got a great heart that's as beautiful as she is.

I sit back and watch the young women that are my daughter's and I'm so proud of the people they are becoming. And I admit, I enjoy taking just a little bit of the credit for how wonderful they are. But, just a little.

No comments: