Saturday, February 16, 2008

2008 Is Going to Be Great!

2007 was a year of great challenges and even bigger changes. Some good, others not so good. I accepted a position as Executive Director at a Crisis Center, I re-established old friendships from years past, made new ones, my divorce was final, child support battles grew ugly, some long term relationships ended and I had to deal with some nasty so called self-appointed, self-righteous "Godly Christians" who tried to destroy me.

But, here I am. Still standing! In spite of all the hardships and challenges I've faced, I continued to press forward. But, it wasn't without lots of help. From God Himself and the people He placed in my life for such a time as this.

These are the times when you have to learn what it means to have faith. Thank God that even the "faith of a mustard seed" can suffice because that's about all I had in 2007.

I say it often, but I have been blessed with an incredible family and group of friends. Last year proved to be a time when I needed them more than ever.

I'm so thankful that the people in my life love me just because. Despite my shortcomings, faults, mistakes or anything I've ever done, they've stuck by and supported me. Without you guys, I don't know where I'd be today. You know who you are.

I wanted to say thanks. For showing me what true, unconditional love is all about. You guys picked me up when I wanted to stay down. Held me up when I felt like I couldn't go another day. You encouraged me when I saw no hope. And you believed in me when others didn't. Each one of you literally showed me what a real Christian looks like and not an imposter posing as one. Many people should learn from you.

I love you all. I know that this simple little blog can't do justice for what you've meant to me, but even so, you'll love me anyway!

4 comments:

St. of Words said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
E.Gray said...

I love you and miss you and your sweet family. Hopefully I can see you soon! - erica

"To Be Strong". said...

When it counts, I will always be there for you. Bank on it.
Love,
Val

Anonymous said...

Read your blogs, you are awesome. Never lose yourself and always be true to who you are and what the Lord puts in your heart. You have a way with putting things out there, that is in your face, but so true and not offensive. That’s a gift.

Have a great day, love you

I’m blessed to call you friend

C