Friday, February 1, 2008

Score!





I just returned home from my Kolby Girl's basketball game! With 4 minutes left in the game, I looked up and who did I see kneeling down waiting to come into the game? No other than my baby girl, Kolby!! She was ready too! She's so adorable in her basketball uniform and those glasses, you just want to squeeze her!

From the minute she hit the court, my baby was all over it! Up and down and all around. She's not only the cutest basketball player you've ever seen, but she's good.

Within the first few seconds of play, she went for the hoop and was fouled. Now, she had two foul shots. There she stood (as I videotaped) at the line. Bouncing, bouncing, bouncing the ball. Bouncing it some more! And then, when she was ready, she threw the ball up and the shot went in! Not only did the crowd go crazy, Kolby jumped up and down so hard, her glasses flew off! The crowd went wild! They were shouting her name and even the referrees were excited for her! I was jumping up and down too so I'm just hoping I got the shot on film.

After making her shot, the confidence in Kolby was so evident by the way she played the rest of the game. She stole the ball, went for two more shots and assisted two lay ups. That's my girl!

After the game, Pastor Joe asked if he could borrow the videotape of Kolby's shot and her reaction. He said he wanted to use it for a sermon. He commented on how she had motivated the entire crowd because of her own excitement and how contagious it was.
I promised him that if it turned out, I would be more than happy to let him borrow it.

I am one proud mommy tonight. There are days when I pinch myself that I get to be the mother to Teryn, Tawni, Kendra and Kolby. Today was no exception.

You'll notice there's a pretty nice bruise on my arm. And this is one kind of pain I can live with any day of the week!

2 comments:

The Pilot's Wife said...

Congratulations Kolby! I wish we could have been there to cheer you on. We are all so proud of you. Keep scoring Girl,show em what you got!! love aunt B

The Chapins said...

i hate living far away. i should be there for moments like this. thanks for calling and letting me be a part of it!! :) I LOVE YOU!!!!