Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Birthday My Lil Pooks

Three years ago today, the most wonderful thing happened in my life.  My oldest daughter, Teryn and her husband, Chad, blessed me with a granddaughter.  Our lives have never been the same.
This tiny person has made such a huge impact on our family since the day she was born.  She's brought us closer together, given us hope when we had none, made us smile when we didn't feel like it and keeps us laughing all the time.  Some days, I just stare at her and tear up at the happiness she brings to my heart.  When I'm going through something rough, I drive to her house just to play with her.  And I forget my troubles.  She truly is "my heart walking around" and makes me want to live longer.

Being a grandmother is one of the greatest joys and blessings I've ever experienced in my life.  I can't imagine our lives without her.  She's got this amazing personality!  She's so smart, funny, sweet, kind and just an all around amazing, little girl! 

I'm convinced that grandchildren are God's reward and blessing to us for putting up with our own children's crap!  So, hang in there, Mom's and Dad's.  If you're experiencing frustration, pulling your hair out, locking yourself in your room or anything else right at this moment, dealing with a mouthy teenager, a toddler's temper tantrum or a sloppy, lazy kid, be patient, it gets better!

Because one day, the grandchildren will arrive.  You get to spoil them, play with them, feed them sugar, soda, be a hero, never say no and bask in their unconditional love.  You get to have all the fun you want with them and it's a blast!  You can pick them up when you want to and have sleepovers.  It's like this great, fun time that you can have anytime you choose!

Then, you experience a little bit of satisfaction when you send them home filled with sugar to those same kids who are driving you crazy today! :) Grandparenting is a beautiful thing.


Happy Birthday, Salem Sophia!  Mimi loves you "high as the sky, deep as the sea, and all the air that's in between."

No comments: