Saturday, June 14, 2008

My First Born


Today is my oldest daughter, Teryn's, birthday. She is 26 years old. Yes, that makes me. Oh, never mind.
Finding out you're pregnant for the first time is one of the most amazing experiences of your life. I'll NEVER forget that day. I had gone to the doctor because my boobs hurt so bad, I couldn't wear a bra! (Sorry to be graphic, but this is the truth!).

I thought, in my young 17 year old mind, that something was terribly wrong with me. The last thing that her father and I thought was that I was pregnant. I came home from the doctor's office and looked at her father. I said, "Hi, Daddy"! It took him a minute, but when he realized what I was saying, he jumped off the couch and hugged me. We were ectastic!

After the 8th day in a row of puking my guts out, I won't lie. I was miserable. We had literally just bought a new car. EVERYTIME, and I mean EVERYTIME, I opened the car door and sat in the car, I threw up. After 6 weeks, I begged her dad to sell the car. He did. No lie.

Teryn decided to wait until the last minute to enter the world. She was 17 days late! Finally, after three trips to the hospital that sent me back home from false labor, my doctor decided to induce me. She still took 3 days to come. Even though I was in active labor, my problem was, I wasn't dilating past 2 centimenters. It was the hardest labor of all my girls. The doctor finally threatened to perform a C-Section and within 1 hour, my body cooperated and I dilated to 10.

It took me 1 1/2 hours to push her out. When she was born, I cried like a baby. I couldn't believe what I'd done. She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. My mother, sisters and brother, Aunt and Granny were all in the waiting room. They were thrilled to hear she was a girl. It was one of the happiest days of my life.

I am proud to be the mother of Teryn Brittany. I can't believe she's 26 years old. She has an accomplished career, a healthy marriage to Chad and she's a wonderful sister. I am a blessed that she allows me to be part of her life.

I love you, Teryn, my little T.T. Forever and always

No comments: