Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Life For Sale"

I read recently about a guy who's selling his life. Literally. Yeah, that's what I said. He's selling his life! I mean the guy is selling everything! His house, clothes, furniture, car, job, even his friends! Apparently, he was blindsided when the love of his life, after 12 years, asked for a divorce. Now, he says he wants everything from their past erased because the memories are too painful. He hates living in their house, sleeping on their bed, using the same dishes, etc. and he wants it all gone! To the highest bidder, that is. So, it got me thinking. (shut up Brenda!)

Seriously, are there people in the world that would like to sell their life and start over? Apparently. Hmmmm. How would my ad read?

For Sale: Single, mother of four, selling her life to highest bidder. Included, but not limited to: Four daughters, along with two son-in-laws, boyfriend, a Granny, great family, loads of friends, a housetrained Maltipoo (daughters, son-in-laws, boyfriend also housetrained), tastefully decorated home with 4BR, 31/2Baths, high end furniture, Lexus, Playstation (rarely used) Wii, closet filled with stylish clothes (shut up Kendra!), fulfilling job, TimeLife 70's collection of CD's (now THIS will be hard to part with), four televisions, piano, over 100 movies (including "A Star is Born", "Grease", "The Notebook" and "The Goonies!") and more "good stuff"! (My brother says my life should come with a discount!) Seriously, shut up Brenda!

According to this dude, it'll work like this. You buy my life. I walk out the front door with my purse and the clothes on my back and start over somewhere. Ok, I admit, it sounds a little appealing. Maybe to some of you, a lot! But, come on, does this guy really think it's that easy? Does he seriously believe you can just walk out, leave memories behind, (good or bad), never to think of them again? He's nuts! Our past helps mold us into who we become. Hopefully, we learn from mistakes and do better next time. But, nevertheless, it does follow. So, maybe what this guy should do is raise money for the counseling and medication he needs to help deal with reality.

After reading my own ad and considering my life, I've decided, good or bad, I'm keeping it! It's not for sale. Not at any price!

3 comments:

St. of Words said...

you wanna buy my life? 10 bucks...seriously...everything for 10 bucks cause i really want a venti latte at starbucks right now and cant bring myself to spend the money. :)

i like what you have...it's priceless and will continue to be as you make more and more memories. love you.

The Pilot's Wife said...

sell it on craig's list, I heard people buy alot of crap there!
Love,
Me

Victoria said...

Hey Brenda, you should know!