Friday, June 27, 2008

Sometimes Little Sister Does Know Best!


I had to take Kendra to an urgent care yesterday. After a fever, sore throat and throwing up for 2 days (and our vacation coming up next week!), I am determined to get this kid well! So, Kendra, Kolby and I made the trip to the doctor.

As we waited in the examing room for the doctor to give us the "verdict", Kolby, enthusiastically, said to Kendra, "You know what you need are popsicles! They helped me when I was sick, Kendra! They will make your throat feel better, I promise! You won't get dehydrated and you won't throw them up. I'm telling you, Kendra. That's exactly what you need!" Kendra screamed, "SHUT UP, KOLBY! I don't feel good and you don't know what you're talking about! So, just SHUT UP!"

Kolby looked over at me and rolled her eyes. Not two seconds later, the doctor walked in. Kendra has an infection, tonsilitis. She said to Kendra, "We'll start you on an antibiotic right away. You should start eating popsicles too. They'll help make your throat feel better. They'll also keep you from getting dehydrated. OK?" Kendra thanked the doctor and shook her head in agreement, never looking in her little sister's direction.

Kolby? Well, she just smiled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't we all just GET ALONG??!! Anybody who's ANYBODY knows that the future "most popular pastry chef of all time" (i.e. - Kolby) also has phenominal medical prowess!

Ann said...

Hope Kendra is feeling much better. Ryan had tonsilitis and ended up having to get them out. Ask does she want me to make her anything....

Kolby is such the helper. Can't wait til she can come spend a day in the kitchen with me. Hopefully after you guys get back from the beach....

The Pilot's Wife said...

I say little sister's ALWAYS knows BEST!!
love,
me