Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Birthday Is Redeemed!


Last year, I spent my birthday alone. This year was 180 degrees different! I wanted to brag about it a little bit. Although, in my book, it's still my birthday until this month is over! (In "The World According to Vik", anyway!) So, if you haven't called or sent your gift yet, don't feel bad, there's still time!
To be honest, thanks to yours truly, my birthday celebration started a week prior. I call this "pre-birthday week"! I don't think a day went by that someone didn't hear about my birthday coming up! Each day, I was determined to make sure someone knew my special day was upon us! Let's see. I told the cashier at Food Lion, the gas station attendant, the postman, everyone at my pool, the guy at the red light and the homeless man on the corner (who didn't seem to give a crap! Jeez, some people!).

The night before, we went to a Japanese restaurant with my Uncle Alan, his wife Anne, their son, Ryan, my great friend Craig, his sister Angi, George, Kendra, Kolby and me, (that would be the "birthday girl"!). We had a great time. While the chef was entertaining us with his tricks, I had to tell him! (OK, so I told the waitress, hostess, manager and the people at the next table too....get over it!).

The day was finally here! It was 12:01! My first birthday wish came from George and then 5 minutes after midnight, I received my first text (thanks Tawni Bear!)! I did have to go into the office (it is my opinion that birthdays should be a paid holiday), but even that was ok because when I arrived, Sarah had brought me Birthday Breakfast and Karen made me Birthday Chocolate Muffins (delicious!). The birthday wishes just kept a comin all day long!

I came home that afternoon to a basket of delivered chocolates (thanks Tawni and Thad!) and then was immediately ushered out the door by George and the girls. They ordered me to relax by the pool for a couple of hours! That was a birthday present all in itself! When I returned to the house, they had decorated with streamers, laid presents out and yelled, "Happy Birthday!" It was awesome! I felt very loved. Kolby made me a beautiful birthday cake!
I opened my presents. A Guess halter dress (beach baby!), a white Guess jacket (beautiful!) and a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. I want to say thanks everybody! This birthday will go down as one of the best I've ever had.

It sure beat the hell out of last year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most embarrassing was when you announced your B-day at the cemetary "just in case"!

The Pilot's Wife said...

your still talking about your birthday!what were you doing in a cemetary?

Love,
me