Thursday, June 5, 2008

IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!

We've finally done it! We've hit the "30 day mark" til our beach vacation! We are so excited that we can hardly contain ourselves! This is what we look forward to all year! Spending a week with my family is a highlight of my summer! Thank you Robbie and Adrienne! They spend a lot of moula for this trip. All we do is bring ourselves and buy the food! Not a bad deal!

And this year, I'm bringing someone with me! I've NEVER done that before! Even when I was married, my ex-husband NEVER wanted to do things with my family. Not once did he attend our annual beach trips! I finally caught on that anytime my family was coming for a visit or it was time for vacations together, he had to go on a business trip! (How convenient!) Well, he missed out because we have the most amazing times together!

This bears repeating! I'm bringing someone with me! And not just anyone. I'm so excited to share George with my entire family. I'm convinced that if he can make it through "hell" week, pardon me, I mean, beach week, he's in! If he can handle my mother, brother and sister, the kids and all the jabbing that takes place and let's not forget our loud conversations (where we constantly compete for control!), he can make it through anything! Yikes! I'm taking a big risk bringing George. I'm braver than I thought. But, I fugure if he wants me, he has to take the whole package. And that includes my crazy family!

Every morning for weeks now, Robbie, Brenda and I are on a three-way phone call talking about our trip! This has become a tradition for us! We go over and over the same stuff. We talk about what we're going to do, what kind of food we want to eat, where we're going to go, what songs we're singing at Karaoke (Robbie is a little irritated (LOL!) because George announced his decision to sing "Brandy, You're a Fine Girl". Knowing this was Robbie's favorite, Brenda and I loved sharing this news with him! He said, "George is not singing "Brandy", that's MY song!"). This just made George more determined!

Finally, I have someone in my life who fits right in with us crazy Robinsons! George made sure his schedule was clear! He knew how important this was to me and he wasn't going to miss it for anything! I could swear the guy's as excited as I am! Jeez, I love that man!

Oh, George, my darling, you have no idea!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby-

If your name was Brandy, I'd sing to you in this comment. "The sailors said Brandy, your a fine girl, what a good wife you would be!!" Too many sylables in Vic Tor I A!!

I love you and have every bit of confidence that I can keep up with the Robinsons! I'm working on turning this 6-pack into a 12-pack in the next 29 days too!

Yeaaaahhh baaayybeee, yeaaaaah!!

Victoria said...

George, Darling. Is that a proposal?! LOL

Anonymous said...

That's a "pre" proposal...I want you to hear me singing so I can see your heart melt (or jump out of your chest and run!!)

The Pilot's Wife said...

couting down the days!! and minutes, and seconds.. pretty cheesy George a pre-proposal on a blog?LOL
Me