Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My 5th Daughter


She'll never meet her parent's. We don't even know where they are. Heck, I don't even know where her parent's came from! We just adopted her and made her part of our family. She thinks of me as her mommy, even though I didn't give birth to her. She's very aware that she has four sisters who love her, (although since Kendra became a teenager, she doesn't love anyone anymore)! Sometimes she can be a real pain, but all in all, I know she belongs with us.

And, it doesn't matter if I get mad, yell or even force her to eat her own food, she still loves me. In her eyes, I can do no wrong. She's loyal to the end. She's non-judgmental and always happy to see me. It doesn't matter if I'm in a good or bad mood, she doesn't care. She just wants to be in the same room with me, enjoying the view and knowing I'm close by. It doesn't matter to her if I'm skinny or fat, bloated, pretty, ugly or rich, she adores me. To her, I'm the bomb!

And, she's there. No matter what, she's always right there. I can get irritated with her, tell her to get away from me, ignore her or even forget to feed or water her, but she loves me anyway.

I should be so lucky to get the same treatment from my four biological daughters! I can always hope! (Actually, most of the time, they're pretty amazing to me!)

My fifth daughter's name is Gabby. She's our Maltipoo. I found out about her from a Food Lion Manager 5 years ago in Nashville, TN. I went to the store for milk and came home with 4 dogs to choose from! The girl's wanted her brother, but something about her stood out. I'm so glad we chose her. She's been the perfect dog for our family. She just fits. And she loves each and every one of us. No matter what we've ever done or said to her, she loves us unconditionally.
Family pets are loyal, non-judgmental, dedicated, they love unconditionally and never hold grudges. Wow. We could learn a few things from them, don't you think?
Come on, I'm not asking for my girl's to wag their tails everytime they see me, but a lick on the face would be nice once in awhile!

1 comment:

St. of Words said...

okay so what was this...remind tawni of how wonderful dogs are as mine is coming to his dying day!! :) bodhi is doing great, and you are so right...they do become a part of your family even if you dont think they are. it's a loss to not have them. although having one with vertigo, on pain meds, feeding through a syringe and cleaning up urine is really not the highlight of my life. but i miss his personality that is just like gabby's...always loving, and always happy to see us.

gabby is such a special dog. she looks like a pig when her fur is all grown and that's when i think she is the cutest! give her love for me.