Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Girl's Are Leaving On A Jet Plane


Tomorrow morning I will be putting my two youngest girls on an airplane to N.C. for several weeks. As much as I'm looking forward to some alone time with my husband, I'm going to miss them terribly.

It helps that I will see them next week in Nashville (George and I will be flying there on Saturday) for the birth of our granddaughter, but once we get back home, it's going to be quiet around here. Gabby's going to miss them too.

These are the worst parts of divorce. Saying good-bye to your children when they visit their other parent isn't easy (especially when they'd rather stay home). But, I have to believe that being able to show my girl's what a healthy, normal, marriage looks like will have many rewards for them in the long run. And will prove to be worth the price of being apart. My girl's are healthy, happy and well adjusted and I am an extremely blessed woman. Yes, I will miss Kendra and Kolby.

I guess George and I will just have to find some creative ways to pass the time!

No comments: