Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We Are The Bomb!


George and I hosted Kolby's 13th Birthday Party at our house recently and it was "da bomb"! Of all four of my daughters, I must admit that this was probably the best birthday bash I've ever thrown for one of my girls. George and I were determined to make it memorable for Kolby. Turning 13, is, after all, one of the "big ones"! So, we spent, ok, too much to mention, on cake, ice cream, decorations, etc., but it was worth every penny.

George donned his bodybuilder apron and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for over 30 teenagers! As Kolby was opening presents, with all her friends sitting around our living room watching her, George and I decided it was time for one of our surprises. We started spraying the kids with our water guns purchased earlier in the day, just for this special occasion. It was so cool! I think we had as much fun as they did.

After everyone ran outside for the limbo and hula hoop contest, our next surprise was on its way. We filled up water balloons (George bought 200!), with help from Kendra and Gabriel, surprised our party guests by getting them soaked. They were shocked and surprised, but laughing their heads off!

Yes, this one will go down in the record books. And although, we were quite a hit with the kids (they said and I quote, "Kolby, you have the coolest Mom and Step-Dad!"), we were most proud of the fact that we made Kolby very happy.

And that's really what we were going for.

2 comments:

The Pilot's Wife said...

I am glad Kolby had such a great birthday party! It looked like alot of fun,....you know what would have made it even better?...Us being there:)
B

Victoria said...

You are 100% correct, B. This living far away from family is b.s.