Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Four Months until "Robinson Family Beach Week!"

Daytona Spring Break has nothing on us! The 5th Annual Robinson Family Beach Trip is official! The house has been booked, the dates have been set!

This is what our children look forward to all year. Who am I kidding? So do we! Since my brother, sister and I live in different states, this is the one time a year when we can be together with our families, catch up and enjoy 7 days of fun, fun and more fun! I wouldn't miss it for anything! We truly enjoy one another's company and we know how to have a good time!

Yes, it's that time of year again! (even though every year, without fail, my brother whines to Brenda and I, saying, "do you think we should do something different this year?"). Child, please! Come on, "if it ain't broke, why fix it?!" We're heading to the beach!

This has to be our most favorite part of summer! Imagine, up to 15 people in one house! It's awesome! My brother and his wife, Adrienne, graciously rent a house (a BIG one!) for two weeks and share it with their families. Adrienne's family arrives Week One (they're the quiet, more conservative group) and then, well, there's us! We arrive Week Two. Robbie and Adrienne knew what they were doing when they set it up this way. They're aware that if the Robinson's showed up Week One, the landlord may cancel Week Two!

All kidding aside, it really is a wonderful time. The first day is shopping day! The adults load up and head across the 5 mile bridge into town. This is one of my favorite times. We get three carts and fill them with food, snacks, drinks, charcoal, lighter fluid and then more of the same, laughing the whole time! We prepare our menus for the week, decide who's cooking what and we work our "list".

The whole week is filled with sharing memories from the past and making new ones. Whether we're on the beach, by the pool, in the jacuzzi, cooking, eating, playing games, dancing, fishing, swimming, on the waverunners, cruising the island on our mopeds, singing karoke or at the tiki bar, we're together. We're a family.

And, it doesn't get much better than that!

1 comment:

The Pilot's Wife said...

I have my calender marked and the count down started!IIgot my thong and brazillian appointment ready-yeah right!ha ha. Hmm, now if only I had time to practice for karoake! beach,sun,sand,drinks,wave runners,mopeds,karoake-who could ask for anything more.um maybe I guess some food?