Thursday, September 27, 2012

Who Are You?

Well, I'm Victoria. I'm a woman.  I'm a follower of Jesus Christ.  I'm a woman after God's heart.  I'm a mother. I'm a grandmother.  I'm a sister. I'm a daughter. I AM Granny's favorite! I'm a niece and a cousin. I'm an aunt. I'm a sister-in-law. I'm a loyal friend.  I'm forever Trudy's best friend. I'm a non-profit executive.  I'm a boss.  I'm an author.  I'm a public speaker.  I'm a radio talk show host.  I'm a part-time comedienne.

I can sing. I love to dance. I tell jokes. I laugh at myself. I like to decorate. I enjoy cooking, but like it even better when someone cooks for me:). I like running, ok, make that walking! I like just a little make-up. I like the smell of Johnson's Baby Lotion. I love 70's music. I'm passionate. I'm self-motivated. I'm genuine. I'm real. I travel. I'm flexible. I'm eclectric. I read. I go to movies. I'm dedicated to my work. I like white or dessert wine. I go to concerts. I attend plays. I'm a nurturer. I'm forgiving, but not forgetful or stupid.  I protect those I love. I still believe in romance. And I wholeheartedly, unequivacably, believe in love.....still. 

I could write about attributes I'm not proud of or still working on, but for what? Today, I'm focusing on some of the positives about myself, instead of the negatives. I'm a work in progress. Each day, life brings with it new challenges, but also new beginnings. Thank God, His mercies are new every morning.  Freshly each day, like a blank sheet of paper in hand, we are the authors and decide what is penned.

I try to do my best to make the most of each day that I'm privileged to be here. So, today, I've decided to give myself a break. A pat on the back, if you will! I haven't always done things perfectly or even close, but no one can accuse me of not giving it my best shot.

I've learned in life that I have control over one person and that's me. And I'm all this girl can handle! Wow. Much less pressure!  I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm not where I need to be, but thank God, I'm not where I used to be either, personally, professionally or even geographically!

And, I'm all about that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! Encouraging for ladies who need to give themselves a pat on the back today along with you:)