Monday, September 17, 2012

Dreams

"I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past."
Thomas Jefferson


I love this quote!  As I thought about what Thomas Jefferson's saying, I reflected on the history of my own past.  Some of it is quite embarassing and humiliating.  I'd love to undo a lot of it, but that's just not possible.

My history is sprinkled with many colorful things like divorce, poor decisions, stupid choices and a lot of other crap I'm sure we can all relate to.  

I'd absolutely change some of my past if I could.  Seriously, who wouldn't love to have at least a dozen "do overs"?!   

But, isn't there something to be said about continuing to dream even in the midst of watching other dreams die?  Sure, I may have dreams that didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, but that's not going to stop me from believing in new ones.  I've got some big dreams that I'm pretty excited about and I refuse to give up on.  Some are beginning to come to fruition, while others could be right around the corner.  True, some of my dreams have died or got squashed, but I must give myself credit.  At least I'm still dreaming. 

And because of that, I'd say my future's looking pretty good:)

No comments: