Sunday, March 16, 2014

"The Piano Man"

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times.  I'm obsessed with the music of the 70's.   My Time Life 70's Collection is one of my most prized possessions. If that statement gives my age away, I don't mind. I think people get too caught up in age anyway. Do we think if we say we're this age or that age, it changes how old we truly are?  News flash. It doesn't.

I was born in the 60's, so when I began appreciating music, I discovered the Eagles, Chicago, Barry Manilow, Journey, and so many more. In the past 18 months, I've had the privilege of seeing some of the best, my long time favorites, live and in concert. Just another reason to love Nashville. The best of the best always come to "Music City".  A year ago, I pinched myself when I was 20 feet from Barry Manilow.  I sang every song, even tearing up a few times. Hey, don't judge me!  Just a few months ago, I went solo to an Eagles concert.  It was magical! Not to mention, the live music all over town.  On any given night, you can head into Downtown Nashville and hear some of the best music you'll  ever hear in your life.

This past Friday, I was beyond blessed to see another legend. The "Piano Man" himself, Billy Joel.   At 65, this guy still has everything it takes to be at the top of his game. His voice is flawless and his stage presence is mezmorizing.

My life is blessed with a loving, amazing family, fulfilling career, great friends, and of course, the music. Oh, the music:)

Next up?  Who knows, but it's going to be unforgettable.  I'm betting on it.

No comments: