Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stop and Smell The..........??? Coffee???

So, I just flew to Orlando last weekend to speak at a Crisis Center Banquet. These are one of my favorite venues to speak at. Most of you aleady know how important these center's are to me. It was fantastic!

Even better than that, the trip allowed me to spend time with my mother and sister. Mom was gracious enough to pick me up at the airport at 1am on Friday morning and then brought me to her house to stay the night. When we walked in, the odor in her place made my eyes water!

I asked my mother, "What is that smell?" She proceeded to tell me that she had made coffee right before leaving for the airport to pick me up. "Coffee?", I thought. Where the heck did that coffee come from? Anyway, too tired to inquire further, I went to bed.

The next morning my sister, Brenda, comes to mom's house so we could begin our day together. I said, "Brenda, do you smell that?" She said, "Yes, you should have been here two weeks ago! It was worse!" I told her that mom had said it was from coffee she'd made. My sister said, "Coffee! No, it isn't. We've been telling mom there's something dead under her house and she needs to get it out!"

Coffee, Mom? Really! Bury the damn thing already!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if it's not an animal? What is "mom" doing in all of her spare time?! Has anyone seen Luis lately?!! LOL!!

Victoria said...

Good point, my love. Very good point!

The Pilot's Wife said...

as a matter of fact, I haven't seen Louie lately. hmmm, another one bites the dust!

It was great spending time with you too!Did everyone like your shirt?

Victoria said...

George did. The girls. They don't like anything I wear. But, George did. And I did. That's all that matters to this old woman anymore!