Monday, September 15, 2008

I"M BACK!!!

Hello Everyone! Thanks so much for your patience. I wanted to write to let everyone know a little about what's going on. Ok, first of all, I'm alive! Yes, it's true. George hasn't killed me (yet!), nor have we killed eachother! We are settling into our beautiful new home and enjoying every minute of it. The girl's are doing so great! Kendra made cheerleading, Kolby's first dance is Friday and me, well, I'm on my last few boxes! George couldn't be happier coming home everyday to a family and let's us know frequently how happy he is.

I have to send out a word of thanks to some special people who helped us move. You really do find out who your friend's are when they do or don't show up on moving day! Here goes: Special thanks to Alan, Ann and Ryan, Jeff and Jan, Michael and Sarah, Jeff and Robin and my Granny! They were real troopers! They showed up at 9am and worked til it was done. I am a blessed woman. I had so many more friend's who truly wanted to help, but other obligations kept them away.

Thanks to all the friend's who stopped by just to say good-bye and wish us well! After the truck was loaded, it was time to head out. I think we finally pulled out of Laurel Park Neighborhood around 4pm! George, me and Gabby! Kendra and Kolby had already left with Teryn for Nashville! Thanks, Teryn! That saved me a lot of anguish. They would have been going crazy around the house all day wondering "how much longer!"

Anyway, George and I headed out, said our good-byes and were on the road to Tucson! First stop, Nashville, TN. We spent a couple days in Nashville hanging out with Teryn, Tawni, Trudy, Terry, Donnie and Cody. Trudy and Tawni put together a beautiful surprise party for George and I. Trudy even made her first wedding cake, it was beautiful (and delicious!).

George and I left Monday morning and there were tears all around. This was taken the morning we left from Nashville to Tucson. I'll write more later, but check out the baby on the hood of my car! We duck taped it to the hood! Did it make it the whole way?

Hmmm. More to come.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Glad to know that you are back and ready to blog. Can't wait to hear about everything. Posted an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe today....talk to you soon.

Luv, ya,
Ann

The Pilot's Wife said...

so not only did I have to find out about your wedding via blog, I get to find out you have a "baby on board" too? ha ha
glad you are settling in nicely to your new home, but really is your computer packed, do they not have internet in desert town? write something already.
Love
,
Me

Anonymous said...

Hey Vic,
Congratulations on your marriage and new home! Sure wish we could have seen you when you were in Nashville. Romeo still misses Gabby. May God richly bless you and George. Love, Barbara & Drew & Romeo