Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve is tomorrow.  It's hard to believe another year has passed.  So much happens in a year. 

If you had told me what was going to happen in my personal life during 2012, I don't think I would have believed you.  But, it's true.  My life is not as I knew it just 12 short months ago.   Some of the memories of 2012 have not been pleasant.   Even though I can honestly say I wish some of the happenings of 2012 had had different outcomes, still I feel blessed.

I made a decision just 4 days ago to sell my bedroom suit.  And today, it's gone.  I was ready for change.  The empty room has already taken on a better look than it did just an hour ago.  The plans have already been laid out for what's going in there.  It's going to be beautiful, comfortable and all me:).

I'm very excited about 2013.  So much is just around the corner for me and my family.  We're working on projects together and my work in the non-profit world continues to thrive and grow.  My daughters, son-in-law and granddaughter live close by and now my brother and his family will be living near us within the month!  It's just beyond words how the Lord is bringing our extended families within driving distance of one another.  This is truly an answer to prayer.

This time of year, there is nothing like being surrounded by family.  These are the people I would rather spend time with than anyone in the world.

I am anticipating wonderful things happening in my professional and personal life in 2013.  Pretty exciting stuff.  I am faithful to those in my life and my God is faithful to me.  And when we choose to do the right things, there's no telling what's coming!  May this season and everyday of the year, I never forget how good my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, has been to me.   Without Him, I would not be smiling today.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: