Saturday, December 8, 2012

I LOVE this town!

For many months now, I've been content staying home.  I love my house, my comfortable bed, my new movie theatre room and just snuggling with my Maltipoo or my daughter.  I truly enjoy being home.  I love to have fun and go out too, but I've just been happy staying in.  But, at the urging of my friends and family, I've decided it's time to explore new things.

So, tonight, I took up an invitation to a couple of events and I'm so glad that I did!  My night started at the SIR Studios (one of the largest and most successful in the country, where anybody who's anybody rehearses and records!).  I was invited by a friend to come out and hear the showcase of an impressive, up and coming new young artist, who was fantastic!

Then, I was off to the birthday party of one of the most successful men in the music business.  It was held at the historic RCA Studio A on Music Row.  This studio is currently owned by the one and only Ben Folds.  It's also the studio that Chet Atkins built in 1962.  The invitation only event attendees had access to the entire studio and heard incredible stories about its history.  Quite surreal to be in a studio where the Greats themselves have recorded (and still do, to this day.)

In one room, I was surrounded by some of the most influential people in the music industry.  It didn't matter who they were.  Everyone was just enjoying themselves and having a great time.  The band played long into the night my favorites from the 70's and 80's!  Dancing, great food, open bar and lots of great company and conversation.  "Oh, what a night!".

I've been receiving invitations lately to some pretty amazing events!  And I'm not planning on declining any of them.  I'm so enjoying the new friends coming into my life and all that's coming.  So much ahead in 2013.  Thank you Doug, Steve, Allison and Lani!   This has been a tough year for me, so it's nice to enjoy new experiences and opportunities. 

Yes, I LOVE this town!

No comments: