Thursday, November 1, 2012

Highs and Lows

Today started as a great day.  We celebrated the Open House for our new Pregnancy Center!  This has been a dream of mine for 10+ years and it came true today.  Watching this goal come to fruition has been so inspiring to me.  When you dream and believe, you really can make things happen.  Once again, I am humbled and blessed to have been used by God to make a difference in the lives of others and my community. 

There was a huge turn out of people showing their support.  I gave a short speech to the large crowd and had the privilege of cutting the ceremonious ribbon to mark our first day in business.  It was such a proud moment for me, my staff, our board members and volunteers.

Unfortunately, a couple hours later, I received a telephone call from my best friend, Terry.  He shared some very sad news with me.  Someone that had been a huge part of my life 25 years ago passed away this morning. 

I was stunned, shocked and dismayed.  I think I will be for a long time.  After Terry gave me the news, I held the phone and just cried.  I haven't spoken to this person in years, but there were many times I thought of him and hoped he was happy.  It's been a surreal day full of highs and lows.

Rest in peace, Brad.  You will forever be missed by anyone who ever met you.  Including me.  I'd always hoped to speak to you just once more.

No comments: