Monday, May 7, 2012

"OOPS, I did it again!"

Last Saturday night, I did it again.  I don't think I expected to, wasn't planning on it or had even thought about it, not seriously anyway.  But, I did it............again.

A new friend of mine, Paul Aldrich, is a comedienne who has been doing stand-up for 30 years.  Through a mutual friend, we were introduced to each other and after a 10 minute conversation on the phone, it happened!  He invited me to do a few minutes of stand-up!  Of course, I hesitated for a moment.  Ok, not that long, and said "YES!"

Paul also wanted to turn this into a charity event for the pregnancy center, which I thought was admirable, so how could I say no?  Everyone knows that I'll do just about anything for our center and the cause of life.  The night was called "Paul & Friends!"  I was one of his "friends!"

Once again, I had a blast!  At this point in my life, I have so much on my plate.  I'm the Executive Director of a Pregnancy Center, writing my 2nd book, hosting a FOXSports Radio Program, performing in a musical, accepting speaking engagements across the country and opening a 2nd Pregnancy Center.  And that's just my professional life.  My personal life is even crazier!  I'm raising a 16 year old daughter and helping to support a 20 year old in college.  My professional life combined doesn't add up to the everyday challenges of dealing with my teenager!

And now, I"ve performed stand-up for the second time.  I'm not complaining whatsoever.  God has been very good to me.  He's blessed me beyond what I deserve.

So, how many careers can someone really have?  I don't know, but I'm up for the challenge to find out!  This comedy thing is therapeutic for me.  I share stories about my life and family and people laugh about it.  They are laughing AT me!  And I don't mind! 

So, who knows?  Maybe another "Paul & Friends" is in my future?!  A Zanie's appearance?  Chelsea Lately?  Or maybe JAY LENO one day? 

Now, that's funny.

No comments: