Monday, March 1, 2010

Kendra's On Her Way


Kendra is a senior this year and will be graduating on May 27th. I still can't believe it. There once were four, but soon, there will be one living at home. Kendra has been accepted to the U of A and we received word last week from her school that she'll be graduating with Honors. She has always been a great student, never likes to be late for class and has rarely missed school throughout her high school career. In other words, I'm a very proud mother and she's a great kid.

Kendra's last cheerleading competition was held last weekend in Hollywood, CA. Because of our busy schedules, we made a decision not to go. She didn't seem to mind. However, at the last minute, literally the last minute, I decided Kolby and I should make the trip. I knew that George couldn't go because of responsibilities at work, but didn't have a good reason for the two of us not to attend. I decided to surprise her. We were able to travel with her boyfriend, Gabriel and his family (their daughter is also a cheerleader), which was great for me. They were fun traveling companions and I didn't have to drive! When we showed up at Disneyland on Friday, she was surprised. Well, a little. She said she "had a feeling" we were coming.

It was a great day being with my two youngest daughters and riding Space Mountain together! And on Saturday, watching her last cheer competition was well worth the trip. As I sat in the audience of the Gibson Theatre, watching my baby on stage, I realized this could be the last time I'd see my Little Sweet Pea cheer. After so many years of supporting her sport, this moment brought tears to my eyes. It was surreal. They really do grow up fast. My daughter has grown into a beautiful, young woman and sharing this moment with her was amazing. I thank God for the decision I made to go.

It definitely was the right one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God. You are a great mother.