Thursday, March 11, 2010

Granny's Prank Call

Last week when I was hanging out with Kendra's cheer squad, the girl's were placing prank calls to their friends and family. This one particular girl, Taylor, could do a great Chinese impersonation. She was calling people in a strong Chinese accent saying, "Hello, vuuuu like cheeeken? You want me bring you some cheeeeken?" It was hilarious. I listened to a few of her phone calls and then, had an idea. :)

So, I approached this girl and said, "Hey, let's call my Granny." And we did. This is what happened.

The phone rang three times before I heard that familiar, sweet voice, "Allo?" (remember Granny has a strong, spanish accent). Taylor began, "Uuuu vant cheeeken?" My grandmother said, "Who dis?" She said, "Tis da cheeeken laaaady!, Uuuuu vant some cheeeeken?" Granny spoke up, "WHO DIS? DIS BIKKI?" Taylor said, "Noooooo! I told u, I CHEEEEKEN LADY!, Uuuuu vant cheeeeken?" Granny said, "No, I no want cheeeken. I tink jew have wrong number?" I quickly whispered in Taylor's ear and told her my grandmother's name. So, she went on. "Uuuuu name Esperanza? I hear u make gooooood cheeeeken, so, uuuuuu vant cheeeeeken or not?" My grandmother was insistent. "WHO DIS?!"

This girl was good. "I tell u already, I cheeeeeken lady!! I have lots cheeeeken, teriyaki cheeeeken, bar-b-que cheeeeken, all kinds cheeeekken, u want cheeeken?!!?!?!?

What happened next was priceless. My sweet, precious, little Granny lost her patience and in her most stern voice spoke loud and clear as she responded,

"NO, I TELL YOU ALREADY, I NO WANT CHEEEEKEN!!! I GONNA MAKE FISH!"

And with that, she hung up.

No comments: