Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Trip To Nashville

So, I flew into Nashville on Wednesday to be with Tawni for her graduation ceremony from Nursing School tomorrow night. :)

Well, the journey was a little comical and frustrating. First of all, I decided to surprise the girls and show up 8 hours earlier by trying to make a stand by flight at 7:00 a.m. As I waited in the terminal (and prayed real hard), I heard the announcement! They called my name, I'd been chosen! Excitedly, I approached the ticket counter, the woman (Debbie) asked for my ticket. I said, "What ticket? I bought it online, I don't have a ticket. Just check on your computer, I'm in there." With a little too much excitement in her voice, she said, "No, it says here that you have a paper ticket and they probably mailed it to you. Without it, you can't get on this or any flight." Hmmm.

Then, I remembered. It had come in the mail a month earlier and I placed it in my "special drawer" so I wouldn't forget it.

I called George and he rushed back to the airport (thanks Baby!). He found it just where I told him it'd be, in my "special drawer". But, could I be so lucky to get called to the counter a second time? Please God! With ticket in hand, I went back to the counter. "She" was still there. Smiling, I showed her my ticket. With even more enthusiasm and I could swear I heard a touch of smart ass in her voice, she said, "This flight is pretty full. Doesn't look too good for you." I held back. Hard for me.

Well, Little Miss I'm The Ticket Counter Diva Debbie was wrong. I made the cut and was on the next flight at 8:30, so provided I could make the stand by in Dallas, I would still make it in 6 hours earlier than my original 10:30 pm arrival!

So, I get on the plane and the flight attendant comes over the intercom. "Please make sure all cell phones are off and if you notice that the person next to you is still on their phone, please ask them to turn it off."

Are you friggin kidding me? Was she serious? That's not my job. Then it was time for the demonstrations. You know, how to use a seatbelt (if you don't know how to do this, you shouldn't be flying) and of course, the old dreaded, "in case of a drop in cabin pressure, an oxygen mask will drop. Place it over your nose and breathe slowly. Then, please assist the person next to you."

Oh, I'm so sure. Does she seriously think the person next to me is going to help me if I can't breathe? I just pissed him off by telling him to turn off his cell phone.

1 comment:

"To Be Strong". said...

now that is funny!!!! glad you made it here safely, and that you avoided confrontation- which i am very proud of you for doing....lol!
~Val