Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lil Pooks First Visit to the PoPo Station


So last Saturday night, my daughters, Teryn and Tawni, took my granddaughter Salem with them to go shopping at Target. They found her a $300 car seat on sale for $100. Teryn called me from Target and was so excited about this car seat.

Anyway, she was pretty thrilled about the great deal she'd just gotten. That was Saturday night. On Sunday morning, she went to her car to retrieve her great find. She wanted to show it off to Chad. The problem was that it wasn't there. She came in the house and looked around for it, but still, it was nowhere to be found. Tawni and Chad decided to go out and help her look when Tawni noticed her own car seemed suspicious. They came to realize that not only had Teryn's car been broken into, but Tawni and Chad's had been too!

Tawni had new clothes in her car and they, too, were gone! Time to call 911. Teryn called me shaken up and told me what had happened and that the cops were in her driveway taking fingerprints of all three cars.

I calmed her down the best I could and told her to call me back when the cops left. A few minutes later, once again my phone was ringing. Teryn said, "Mommy, are you ready for this? This guy just came up to me in my driveway, with the cops standing nearby, and asked me if everything was ok. He said, and I quote"we look out for our neighbors around here."

Teryn thought that was a nice, neighborly thing to do, until, she noticed something very shiny around his neck. It was a heart. It was a necklace. It was HER necklace! Not only that, this dude was actually wearing her RayBan Sunglasses too! She screamed to the cops that this guy had her things on. They arrested him, put him in the police cruiser and drove him "downtown".

Teryn, Chad, Tawni and even my Lil Pooks had to go down to the PoPo Station and press charges. The guy swears they were gifts from his girlfriend. Either way, he's in the slammer. The girls know that the chances are slim of ever seeing their stuff again. But, what a story we have to tell my granddaughter one day about her first (and I hope last!) visit to the PoPo Station!

Ah, I remember those good old days, when our neighbors just borrowed milk and sugar!

No comments: