Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's Baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!

Well, ladies, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But, "it" has finally come. The season that the majority of us dread all year long. The season when you have to suck it up and just go for it! The time when we can no longer hide behind those winter clothes! This change of year can cause heart palpitations, stomach aches, anxiety attacks, headaches and sometimes breathing difficulties for the female gender. Yes, once again, it's here. And it's called summer!

It's not so bad to pull those shorts and tank tops out once again, but it's that damn bathing suit that sends us in a tailspin! Well, today, I took one for the team! Yes, I ventured out into the abyss! I went to the "scary" place! (And in front of my boyfriend, no less!) I actually left the safety of my bathroom mirror and walked (well, tiptoed) through the pearly gates of my neighborhood pool!

Still able to wear a bikini (or so I think!), I took the risk of a lifetime. I not only went to the water filled cement hole, I actually took my cover-up off! There I was. Half naked in front of total strangers, in all my glory! (Well, I don't know if I'd call it glory!)

And, guess what? I survived! (despite 3rd degree burns!) And, you can too! Just go for it! Come on, every woman at the pool or on the beach feels the same way! Be the brave one! Be that first one in and the rest will follow! We girls gotta stick together!

Oh yeah, and do you think men will ever understand the anxiety we feel about wearing bathing suits in public? It blows my mind that they seem to care less about what they look like! They just let it all "hang out" for all to see and it doesn't bother them in the least! But, if we're carrying an extra 5-10 lbs, we freak out! And dare we show ourselves on those "bloated" days?!

Oh, for the record, George (my BF) did tell me I was the best looking woman there and even said I looked "hot"! Not sure if he was referring to the sweat all over my body (it was 85 degrees!), but God love him! And, please, let's not mention the fact that he does wear glasses and he's just a little, teeny bit prejudiced! No, that's just a technicality!

I must admit, it wasn't as bad as I built it up to be. Look, I don't kid myself. I'll be 44 in a couple of days! I know I'm not 20 anymore, but I must say, not too bad for a gal my age (and whose given birth 4 times, too!)! Seriously, though, noone laughed at me, pointed at me or even stared (except for those two guys!)! Hmmmm? I think I'm going back tomorrow. And maybe even the day after that.

Hey, ya think summer's not so bad after all?...........Nah! I'm already watching the calendar for October! I miss my sweaters!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby-

I didn't say you were hot, I said you were "SMOKING HOT"! Actually, when you dropped your cover-up, you were actually "white" hot..LOL!!

And as for those "two guys" that were looking at you, that was ME...and it looked like TWO guys because you haven't had your eyes checked in like 6 years, so you're starting to see double!

Sweetheart, I don't care what you look like or how dark or white you are.....you'll always be the poolside babe I can't take my eyes off of!

Victoria said...

That's my man! Handsome, sensitive, compassionate and INCREDIBLY INTELIGENT! You always know exactly what to say! That Graduate Degree really has paid off, my love!

Ann said...

Thanks for braving the frontlines for us Vik. I am going to sit back in my cover-up and just....well, enjoy sitting in my cover-up. lol.

See my blog for further reply to SATC...

The Pilot's Wife said...

and we must all remember,every one looks better with a tan! so burn baby burn!I like what Tyra says how women should feel(or men too) about there bodies"SO WHAT" nobody's perfect we just need to start embracing our bodies as they are "right now",I say next you should just go topless! and wear a thong too!and please keep working on your tan, becasue I don't want to be blinded at the beach...As for George,well the best thing about love is... its blind, in his case he better hope deaf and dumb too!!ROFL!!!love you, mean it
Me

St. of Words said...

these blogs...gotta love 'em. awesome entry mamma. you make me proud, and you have great writing skills too! i'm with ya 100%. too much emphasis on appearance, it aint worth it. we all think everyone is staring at us making judgements, when in fact...all the OTHER person thinks about it is what YOU think about THEM. i'm going euro style at the beach and doing nude. that's right...I'm THAT confident. in fact, i'm not gonna shave, i'm not gonna tan before, and i'm not gonna be the new "Nivea Cellulite" lotion on either, so everyone can be envious of my macaroni and cheese thighs...then we can all go in and eat some real mac-n-cheese and hot dogs. love it!

Anonymous said...

cuando ustedes me vean a my se van a morir de envidea ya me ise la serugia en todo mi cuerpo y tengo una tan ermosa love mom