Monday, October 10, 2016

How DID we get here?!

I try to stay away from this political mess as best I can. These are my thoughts, not yours, nor am I looking for you to agree with or argue with me either. My take on the top two candidates is this. Who they are and what they represent says much more about us and who we've become.

I see posts about "how did we get here", "is this the best we can do?", etc. etc. Well, each of us who've been able to vote for the past 30+ years need to take a long look in the mirror. And, please make no mistake, I'm including myself in this "we" category. We created this embarrassing, atrocious atmosphere of an election.

We're the ones who haven't held our appointed officials to a higher standard. We've been so lackadaisical about what's going on in the world around us, who's running what and how and so caught up in our own little bubbles we've forgotten, or worse, not even cared about what's been happening right in front of us or in our own backyards.

We've also helped create the biased media by not holding them accountable to the facts and truth of everyone involved, not just those they choose to promote. It is a privilege to live here, the greatest country on the planet, yet we've taken advantage and not done our part to protect it, our families or future generations.

We are the ones who should be ashamed of ourselves its come this far. Think about it. One of these candidates is a corrupt criminal, who has no regard for life or people, a person who lies constantly to save her own $#%@ and those she's in bed with, while the other is a man who uses insults and vulgarity, has a huge ego and is known more for being one of the biggest reality television stars in the world.

Neither one of these people, nor anyone else running for the highest office in the land, gets me excited or makes me feel like a proud American. My heart is grieved. What's happened is not God's fault. It's ours! God has given us chance after chance after chance to fight for and change the direction of this country, yet we've grown lazy and complacent.

My prayer is this election is waking a sleeping giant. The government will not save this country, nor will cowardly politicians, who care more about themselves than the constituents they swore to represent. We must begin to hold these men and women accountable. They work for us, not the other way around!

If we don't take our country back, our children and grandchildren will grow up in a place no longer recognizable or respected, with no sense of values or morality.

Yes, I will be voting in this election, but not with the same excitement and hope I've felt in the past. I will continue to pray for the best, whatever the outcome. The God I serve is who I place my trust, not in any one candidate.

God bless the U.S.A. God bless us all.

No comments: