Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Mike & Victoria Show

Several months ago, I was invited to a lunch meeting that enhanced my already busy career.  As I accepted this meeting, I had no idea how it was going to compliment my career in radio.   For the past 2.5 years, I'd been hosting "Real Talk" with Victoria in the Nashville area, so I wasn't completely surprised that the General Manager, Mike Downhour, of Opus Broadcasting and their Program Director, Mike Carson, wanted to meet with me.  But, I was pleasantly surprised as to why.

The "Two Mike's", as I like to call them, were very interested in my work in radio and also television.  And they wanted to make me an offer.  They were interested in me co-hosting a brand new show on their newest venture, 104.3TheBridge, the only local Christian radio station in Central Louisiana, with Mike Carson.  

The guys' and I hit it off immediately.  It was like having lunch with old friends.  We talked non-stop for 2.5 hours.  By the time our meeting was over, we had a plan. 

That plan became "The Mike and Victoria Show".  Over a grilled chicken sandwich and great conversation, I was now the new co-host of a radio show heard by thousands, with the potential of so much more.  To me, being a radio personality on a Christian radio station is more than just a job, it's a responsibility, as it's another form of ministry.  This was a way to reach even more people with a message that's very important me.  The message of my faith in Jesus Christ.  Now, just a few short months later, I'm having the time of my life! 

Co-hosting "The Mike and Victoria Show" on 104.3 The Bridge is a privilege.  We don't take it lightly, nor do we take it for granted.  Daily, we have the opportunity to share our hopes, dreams, struggles, and most importantly, our faith with loyal listeners.  You can hear our show online from anywhere in the world at www.1043thebridge.com or if you're in Central Louisiana on 104.3 on your radio dial every weekday from 10am-2pm (CST).

Not only are Mike and I co-hosting a show on The Bridge, but we're also on the afternoons from 2pm-6pm on 92.3 The Wolf, one of the top country stations in Monroe, Louisiana.

We believe our show has what it takes to one day be in syndication.  That's pretty exciting! 

I hope you'll be tuning in everyday!  Whether you enjoy Christian music or Country, we know you'll have a blast on "The Mike and Victoria Show".

Who knows, like us, you might like both!

No comments: