Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Salem Sophia!

Four years ago today, the lives of me and my family changed forever.  It was the day that Teryn and Chad welcomed their daughter, my granddaughter, Salem Sophia, into the world.  I was blessed to have been asked to witness her birth and being in the room as my oldest daughter gave birth to her first child was beyond anything I could have ever imagined.

Since that day, my life has never been more full.  Even when I'm having a bad day, all I need to do is call that little girl and talk to her.  She tells me about her day or asks, "When are you coming over, Mimi?" 

She changed my relationship with Teryn and made it better.  She brought healing into our family that we needed at the time.  God's timing is perfect.  Grandchildren are God's rewards for parents to enjoy after experiencing the toddler and teenage years!

Happy Birthday, Salem Sophia.  Your Mimi loves you high as the sky, deep as the sea and all the air in between.

Now, let's go have that "Beach Pool Party" that you wanted!

I love you, my Lil Pooks:)

No comments: