Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Success!

Teryn, Robbie, Brenda and I proudly displaying our medals!

My little sister, Brenda, and I right before her 15K Run!
We did it!  The Gasparilla Distant Classic was a success!  At 5am on Saturday, February 23rd, my sister Brenda's 42nd birthday, the four of us drove from my brother's house to downtown Tampa. 

Teryn, Robbie and Brenda ran in the 15K, while I ran the 5K by myself.  Next year, my goal will be to run ride beside them.  It was such a fantastic day!  I beat my last time by 15 minutes!  Training is paying off.

I can now say that I love running!  Who would have thought?  I love how I feel when I run, after I run and the benefits that it's having on my mind, spirit and body.

Here are some of pictures from the day. 

It's settled.  We will make this an annual event for our family and we're already looking forward to the next race we run together. 

Running the race of life can be challenging, but it sure is wonderful running it with family:)!




 


No comments: