Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Your Memorial

Your memorial is tonight.  I'm getting ready to leave for Atlanta.  I know how much you loved your church family there.  I'm so happy that they decided to honor your life by having this service for you.  I will be speaking and singing again.  It is my privilege to do this for you.
It's going to be hard seeing your house that sits right behind the church.  We have so many memories there.
I miss you so much.  I had something I needed to ask you about yesterday and I couldn't.  I've heard there are 5 stages of grief.  One being denial and another is anger.  I think I'm stuck in between denial and anger.  As long as I don't think about you being gone, I'm fine.  It's like you're still here.  But, then when I need to talk to you like yesterday, I get really pissed off because I realize you're not.
I love you, My Love.  Forever.  And ever.  And ever.  I'll let you know how tonight goes.  Although, I'm sure I'll feel you there cheering me on.

No comments: