Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Graduation Week


I can't believe it. It's surreal. It's unbelievable. My two youngest daughters, Kendra and Kolby are graduating this week. On the same day, this Thursday. Kolby from 8th grade at 1:00 pm and Kendra from high school at 7:00 pm.

I am so filled with emotion. When I start to think about the days I would sit in front of the television with Kendra, who as an 8 month old, had to watch Barney for 8 hours straight, I get very melancholy. She just LOVED that purple dinosaur. She owned everything Barney. Her sheets, blankets, pillow, pj's, toothbrush, hairbrush, hairbows, you name it, she owned it. Now, she's interested in Ed Hardy clothes, a laptop, moving out as soon as she can and college!

Then there's my Kolby Girl. The youngest of the four. The little girl with four mothers. Our baby. She'll be a freshman next year. A freshman! She continues to convince me everyday that she's as excited about Kendra moving out and going away to college as she is about beginning high school!

As my life continues to change, with daughters getting married, having children of their own, graduating middle school, graduating high school and preparing for college and all the other "changes" I'm experiencing, I'm reminded of one thing.

Time is but a fleeting moment and we need to savor every one.

1 comment:

First time mom said...

I agree! I can't believe my little dude is 6 months old already!