Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Dove Awards

I'm having a blast in my newest venture, co-hosting a Christian Radio Show!  Mike Carson, my co-host and I have excellent rapport with one another and enjoy connecting with our audience of listeners, which is growing daily!  We've just scheduled a "Mike & Victoria" Cruise in February to Cozumel and Progresso, Mexico.  We're not only inviting listeners to join us, we're giving two cruises away!  The show is going so well  that the General Manager asked if I'd be interested in co-hosting the Country Radio Show with Mike.  I accepted.  So, Monday-Friday from 10-2pm, I'm co-hosting the Christian Station and from 2-6pm, co-hosting the Country Station.  With the magic of radio, it's easier than you might think:)

I'm still the Executive Director of two pregnancy centers, a cast member of a TV Show and speaking around the country.  Life is full and I'm truly blessed.  Just extremely busy!

Being in radio definitely has its perks.  Besides free concert tickets and meeting incredible people, just last week, Mike and I had the pleasure of attending the Dove Award's in Nashville recently.  With our press/media passes, we had access to all the nominees and winners.  The Dove's are to Christian Music what the Grammys are to secular.  Once again, I'm blown away by God's blessings.  Mike and I, along with one of our biggest advertisers and friend, Doug Gann, had a blast and met some amazing people.  They were held this year at the beautiful Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN.

What a night!  I met so many new people, had pictures taken with legends in the Christian music industry and laughed so hard at the fun we had.

I am so enjoying my life right now.  There's no doubt I'm busier than ever, but I'm not complaining!  Here are some great pictures from a great night.

In the press room, someone handed me a Dove Award and I pretended for a moment to be a recipient, sprinkled with a fake speech and everything! I had to give it back of course, but it was hilarious when I posted this picture on Facebook how my amazing friends continued to congratulate me over and over again!  It was sweet that they actually thought I could have won this award!  I have some amazing people in my life:)
 
 Toby Mac is a legend in the Christian music industry.  My son-in-law, Chad Chapin, played with Toby for 10 years in DC Talk.  He was pleased when I mentioned Chad's name.

 
 I watched Colton Dixon throughout American Idol.  He's incredibly talented, with a true heart for Jesus!
 
 Jamie Grace is a newcomer.  You will want to remember her name.  She's amazing!

 
Another memory for my journal.  Can't wait for next year!  Truly blessed:)

And to Mike Carson.........you're welcome.

3 comments:

tawnikoloff-haitibound said...

So happy that you were able to experience this amazing event! You look beautiful and look like you fit right in place that it could have been your award!

tawnikoloff-haitibound said...

I am so glad you got to experience this event! You look like you fit right in and that could have been your award :)

Unknown said...

You are an amazing woman! May God continually bless you!