Sunday, September 29, 2013

"The Mike and Victoria Show" is born!


I'm beyond humbled and excited at how The Lord is bringing more opportunities to further share my faith.  Tomorrow morning at 10am will be a day I'll never forget!

Two months ago, I received a text message from Nikita, my ex-husband (we're friends now!:) telling me that a guy named Mike Carson (a friend of his) would be calling me.  He said, "make sure you answer the phone."  Of course, I am a very curious person, so I asked him why?  He said, "just answer your phone.  He's from a radio station and wants to talk to you."

Sure enough, 15 minutes later, my phone rang.  It was Mike.  He asked if I could meet with him and the General Manager of his station, Mike Downhour.

So, myself and the two Mike's met for lunch.  I found these guys to be two exceptional people, who had one very important thing in common with me.  They love, serve and worship the same Jesus I do!  We also share a love for doing radio.  As you may or may not know, I had my own radio show for 2 years called, "Real Talk".  It was a one hour talk show, where I had the privilege of interviewing guests from politicians to actors to local pastors and so on.  I loved it!  It was an amazing platform to share about causes I believe in and especially my faith.

Surprisingly, both Mike's were fans of "Preacher's Daughters" and had seen the episode where I'm interviewing Kolby on my radio show.  So, they knew I had a little experience in radio.

After getting to know each other and sharing our faith with one another, they offered me an opportunity I just couldn't pass up.  And so, "The Mike and Victoria Show" was born!

Beginning tomorrow morning, five days a week Monday-Friday, from 10am-2pm on 104.3 The Bridge covering central Louisiana, I will be on the air talking about life, interviewing special guests, taking listener questions, sharing great music and especially talking opening, honestly and without reservation about Jesus Christ!

You can listen from anywhere in the world online at 1043thebridge.com!  I'm beyond excited for what lies ahead and all that God has planned for me and my family.  He never ceases to amaze me.

I hope you'll be tuning in!

No comments: